Skip to main content

Pretty in Pink




Roses and Ruffles Quilt

I just love anything that's pink.  There's something so cheerful and warm about it.  So this is what today's blog is all about......  Pink, pink and more pink!

I'm a big fan of raggy quilts.  I enjoy making them, and I love the way they improve with each wash.  I couldn't cope with anything so screechingly cute on my bed - but how gorgeous would it be for a little girls room?  The link offers a downloadable PDF pattern for this design, though the quilt is so straightforward, I doubt it is needed.


Darling Phoebe
I have to sneak my dear little dog into the frame.  This is how she appeared after discovering my make-up bag.  Blusher everywhere - but she looked so pretty it was impossible to be cross with her.  Phoebe was just a puppy here and extremely tiny. A Bichon Frise, she's an absolute darling and a joy to have as a pet.  She's a constant companion and loves nothing more than to snuggle in for a cuddle.
Arrangement by Dandelion Ranch
This flower arrangement is absolutely beautiful.  The roses look fabulous against the sea-foam background.  Perfection!
by AnneJulie Art
I've just discovered this artist and really love her style.  Very feminine and girly.... do take a look at her site as her art is fantastic.
from HGTV.com
I'm loving this decor.  Simple and effective, the pink walls are given added zing by the contrasting green seat cushions.  I'm quite taken by the lettering on the wall too.


This hair colour is fabulous.  If I had blond hair I would be dying it this colour tomorrow.  Sadly my hair is far too dark, so I'll have to be content with my cerise streaks.

I really need this coat from Sense of Fashion!
This coat!  I want it very badly, but I don't think I'd ever manage to keep it clean!
Unsure of source - but found on this blog
Sigh!
 This dresser is amazing.  Can picture it in a huge white painted kitchen, with natural slate floors and a pink Aga.  Doubt my hubby would be quite so keen, but imagine all the cupcake accessories I could make


From Etsy - unable to find the original link

Now I've seen these fabric branches, I really want to make some.  The leaves are a doddle, but I need to figure out what to use for the branches.  This is my sort of houseplant.... even I can't kill these.

What a lovely arrangement this is..... I wonder if the roses smell as good as they look?

from Rachel Denbow's blog
This room would look quite bland, despite all the artwork displayed on the wall.  The clever addition of the cerise chairs really brings the room to life, giving it real character.  I love it.
What a dreamy piece of art
What can I say about this picture?  Dreamy photography.... I can't figure out if the pink cloud is photoshopped or a smoke cannister.  Whatever - the finished result is fantastic.  I discovered this on Pinterest.  I'm not sure but I think the artist is by a Syliva ?  The link goes to her Pinterest page, and there are some fantastic photos on there.  Check out the images with balloons, they're realy lovely.


I do hope you've enjoyed my little foray into the world of pink.  I'm ending with this stunning sunset.
Imagine standing there watching the sun go down.  Oh!  Fabulous stuff.
print for sale on Art.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Giveaway Time

I'm more than a trifle ticked off with Blogger. My post of yesterday has vanished into thin air during the day - and I haven't been near a computer. It was the first time I'd entered a post using the new interface, and I was liking the way it worked. Shame I didn't try a short post first, but no...... dibble decided to do a long article didn't she! Sniff. Back to the old Blogger me thinks. Anyways... I was thinking that it's been such a dismal few days - why not think of something to brighten the mood. Why not have a little giveaway? Trying to be a little different - I've come up with a little competition. It's quite simple....... How many buttons in the jar? I've no idea myself, so it will be interesting to find out. To give you something on which to base your guess, I can tell you I am able to hold the little jar comfortably in one hand. Also I have used a few of the buttons so the jar isn't quite full. So.... What do y

Shabby Chic? Definitely Shabby!

I did say I'd share my DIY disaster with you...... Brace yourselves - you may need sunglasses: Snort!  When I started the makeover I can assure you this wasn't my intention.  I had a 70's dressing table that was a nice shape, but a vile wood.  I thought I would transform it by painting it fuchsia to match my bedroom.  10 hours later (2 coats undercoat, 3 topcoat) it was looking good.  Until the top coat starting to flake off before my eyes.  I could have cried - indeed I think I did. Since then it's been sitting in the bedroom annoying me.  It's too heavy to lift out on my own, and anyways I've nothing else to replace it with.  The thought of starting to paint it again doesn't bear thinking about.  So in a DIY frenzy, I attacked it with wire wool. I think I got a bit carried away!  The result is something that gives a whole new meaning to shabby chic.  However, at least it looks intentional and boldly scruffy.  Anyone that dares to question my

Small New Blog Meet Up

What a fantastic idea this is.  Many thanks to Lily's Quilts for coming up with the idea. I'm sure there are many others like me...... those that are fairly new to blogging, think they have interesting things to write about - and then may feel a little flat because no followers come along.  Of course it's difficult - there are oodles and oodles of brilliant blogs out there, and growing all the time.  Is it any wonder that no-one notices us newbies?  It's not going to happen overnight.  It's going to be a slow process - we're up against those that have been blogging for years and have dedicated followers.  However...... there is something that we can try! Lily's great idea is to have an online meet-up for new bloggers.  A chance to get your blog seen by others, and to be able to follow new blogs that interest us. Please pop over to Lily's blog and sign up!  You simply grab the button to display on your own page, and find other great blogs to foll