Skip to main content

These are a few of my Favourite Things

We all know the song... Sing along with me - and create your own version!

(I've missed a few things out.... well - let's be honest quite a lot.  My darling children... no recent photos - they've all reached that stage where they refuse to pose, may continue until they're 35.  Umm - cup-cakes, cooking in general, reading, gadgets, Aga! - ooh, I could go on.... but think the poetic genius :) would have dried up long before I'd finished).


Anything handmade, and artwork a plenty,

Applique picture - one panel from a garden quilt I designed


Skyscraper heels, boots and bags (more than twenty)

Yes - dreadful pic.  Apologies - couldn't face digging everything out for photoshoot!


Car-boot sale finds, funky jewellery and bling,

Cushion will be revamped at some point - Manequin from Liberty window display

These are a few of my favourite things

Hanger was car-boot find - no idea what it was designed for originally




Boxes of fabric, things sewing related,

(Before sewing room revamp - WIP!)

Craft online shopping and stuff I've created.

Baby blue carry-around machine - and my latest envelope needlecases

This is why I need to sort my sewing room - this is my dining table!

Dogs, cats and sunshine, rock music to sing,
Misty - a dear cat, who we believe was stolen
Bumble, Buster & Daisy. 
These are a few of my favourite things.
(All together now....)



Fresh-brewed coffee, fags,wine,brandy



 Gets me through the day

Snuggled up watching a movie with Si,
And everything's A-okay.




Fun time with friends, is there anything finer?
Gallons of mulled wine in Prague to beat the -12 chill
 Magic of make-up, lipgloss and eyeliner. 
Passion for Paisley, my perfumes and rings
These are a few of my favourite things


Cuddles with Phoebe, a few things designer


Baby Phoebe - bless her.

Shabby-chic vintage and blue and white china.


Blogging, and tweeting, and Pinteresting Pings,

These are a few of my favourite things.



Gothic boho, Camden, Soho


Makes me feel quite glad
 
Playing the fool and not acting my age,
And suddenly life's not bad.
Um - Early afternoon New Years Eve - wore those 50p Primark "must-have" glasses all day.
 I don't think Byron or Keats have much to worry about, but it was fun to think up.

I swear this took longer to post to blogger than it did to write and take the photos!  Honestly - sometimes it takes the fun right out of blogging.  You can waste an age, trying to get things to look right.  I do hope it's not just me?  I'd be very interested to know if anyone else has problems with posting.  My bugbear is getting halfway through a post, and suddenly it decides to take matters into it's own hands and start placing everything in random places.  Grrrrr.  I've given up with trying to get the print all the right size today, it simply won't play.  Stamps foot.  Heads off for coffee machine.  Rant over.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the grin you put on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice read with my cuppa; it's new p**ing down in Essex.

    My bugbear with Blogger is the posting photos from a Mac (I don't recall the same problem when I used to use a PC) and being able to put photos where I want them and not having to have them all at the top of the blog and, of course, having to remember to upload them in reverse order to how I want them to appear. Hopefully the new Blogger editor will be a bit of an improvement, but it's early days yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post although I don't know the song.But I made up a melody in my head ;-) Cute Kitty! I hope it will come back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hear ya on the stupid random placement thing, so frustrating!! Especially if it IS a photo heavy post like this. You have my sincerest sympathies!!

    New follower from Lily's Quilts xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I write my post in new editor, switch to old editor and add my photos ('cos they will not add in new editor), realise I can't check my spelling or add links or anything there, wait till I've added the photos, change back to updated editor and edit my post! Blogger is not one of my favourite things!

    Your song was good fun though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Oh - go on! It's so lovely to receive messages, and I really do appreciate it.

I always do my best to reply to messages - both here on the blog and personally (as long as I can see an email address)

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Giveaway Time

I'm more than a trifle ticked off with Blogger. My post of yesterday has vanished into thin air during the day - and I haven't been near a computer. It was the first time I'd entered a post using the new interface, and I was liking the way it worked. Shame I didn't try a short post first, but no...... dibble decided to do a long article didn't she! Sniff. Back to the old Blogger me thinks. Anyways... I was thinking that it's been such a dismal few days - why not think of something to brighten the mood. Why not have a little giveaway? Trying to be a little different - I've come up with a little competition. It's quite simple....... How many buttons in the jar? I've no idea myself, so it will be interesting to find out. To give you something on which to base your guess, I can tell you I am able to hold the little jar comfortably in one hand. Also I have used a few of the buttons so the jar isn't quite full. So.... What do y

Shabby Chic? Definitely Shabby!

I did say I'd share my DIY disaster with you...... Brace yourselves - you may need sunglasses: Snort!  When I started the makeover I can assure you this wasn't my intention.  I had a 70's dressing table that was a nice shape, but a vile wood.  I thought I would transform it by painting it fuchsia to match my bedroom.  10 hours later (2 coats undercoat, 3 topcoat) it was looking good.  Until the top coat starting to flake off before my eyes.  I could have cried - indeed I think I did. Since then it's been sitting in the bedroom annoying me.  It's too heavy to lift out on my own, and anyways I've nothing else to replace it with.  The thought of starting to paint it again doesn't bear thinking about.  So in a DIY frenzy, I attacked it with wire wool. I think I got a bit carried away!  The result is something that gives a whole new meaning to shabby chic.  However, at least it looks intentional and boldly scruffy.  Anyone that dares to question my

Don't get Shirty!

My blog posts have been lacking the last few weeks.  This is due to moving home and trying to sort out the chaos.  One of the things required was that hubby thin down his clothing, or there would be no room for any of mine in the fitted wardrobes.  At the last count he had well over a hundred shirts.  Ridiculous.  Under strict instructions to free up half the wardrobe space for me, he set to with bin bags, to turf some out for the charity shops. With a large selection of shirts ousted, I started looking at the fabrics and wondered if I could make use of them myself.  There's a surprising amount of fabric in a mans shirt, particularly an XL one. After cherry picking the ones that were all cotton and nice fabrics, I sat down and scratched my head for inspiration. My first of two makes is this pillow.  When I began I had no real vision of what it was going to look like.  I just knew that I wanted to use some of the front pockets, and make a feature of a cuff or two. After