Skip to main content

Valentine Kisses




It's not long to February 14th now - so today I am sharing some vintage Valentine graphics.  As you know, as these are vintage artwork pieces, they may be freely used in whatever project takes your fancy.  If you feel inspired by any of these items, do pop over to the Graphics Fairy website.  Here you can find oodles more vintage loveliness.  Every day a new vintage piece is shared..... it really is a great blog to follow.

Here's a few more of my Valentine favourites.....





The three images above would be perfect printed onto stout card stock and threaded together to form a vintage banner.  How lovely to place in the window of a period property.  Or even better, printed onto fabric, and sewn onto a length of pretty lace.  Beautiful!



Such a gorgeous little picture.  The original may be a lot larger, so it's worth checking with Graphics Fairy if you like this image.  There are so many items on the site, do make use of the good search function to find what you are interested in.



A stunning mix of doves, roses and hearts combined to make a charming piece.



Doves and roses are obviously a vintage favourite!


A delightful image .... loving the colours used.  Simply charming.



I shall end today with a sweet little Valentine kitten.  I'm a sucker for anything cat related, so this one had to make the grade.  Just darling.

If you would like to make something for Valentine's Day, there's still time.  Stuck for inspiration, why not pop over and take a look at my Valentine Kisses board on Pinterest which is full of artistry and crafty makes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Giveaway Time

I'm more than a trifle ticked off with Blogger. My post of yesterday has vanished into thin air during the day - and I haven't been near a computer. It was the first time I'd entered a post using the new interface, and I was liking the way it worked. Shame I didn't try a short post first, but no...... dibble decided to do a long article didn't she! Sniff. Back to the old Blogger me thinks. Anyways... I was thinking that it's been such a dismal few days - why not think of something to brighten the mood. Why not have a little giveaway? Trying to be a little different - I've come up with a little competition. It's quite simple....... How many buttons in the jar? I've no idea myself, so it will be interesting to find out. To give you something on which to base your guess, I can tell you I am able to hold the little jar comfortably in one hand. Also I have used a few of the buttons so the jar isn't quite full. So.... What do y

Shabby Chic? Definitely Shabby!

I did say I'd share my DIY disaster with you...... Brace yourselves - you may need sunglasses: Snort!  When I started the makeover I can assure you this wasn't my intention.  I had a 70's dressing table that was a nice shape, but a vile wood.  I thought I would transform it by painting it fuchsia to match my bedroom.  10 hours later (2 coats undercoat, 3 topcoat) it was looking good.  Until the top coat starting to flake off before my eyes.  I could have cried - indeed I think I did. Since then it's been sitting in the bedroom annoying me.  It's too heavy to lift out on my own, and anyways I've nothing else to replace it with.  The thought of starting to paint it again doesn't bear thinking about.  So in a DIY frenzy, I attacked it with wire wool. I think I got a bit carried away!  The result is something that gives a whole new meaning to shabby chic.  However, at least it looks intentional and boldly scruffy.  Anyone that dares to question my

Don't get Shirty!

My blog posts have been lacking the last few weeks.  This is due to moving home and trying to sort out the chaos.  One of the things required was that hubby thin down his clothing, or there would be no room for any of mine in the fitted wardrobes.  At the last count he had well over a hundred shirts.  Ridiculous.  Under strict instructions to free up half the wardrobe space for me, he set to with bin bags, to turf some out for the charity shops. With a large selection of shirts ousted, I started looking at the fabrics and wondered if I could make use of them myself.  There's a surprising amount of fabric in a mans shirt, particularly an XL one. After cherry picking the ones that were all cotton and nice fabrics, I sat down and scratched my head for inspiration. My first of two makes is this pillow.  When I began I had no real vision of what it was going to look like.  I just knew that I wanted to use some of the front pockets, and make a feature of a cuff or two. After